ULLA, European University Consortium for Pharmaceutical Sciences
Since 2006 the Department of Food and Drug is part of the European University Consortium for Pharmaceutical Sciences, ULLA.
The primary objective of the ULLA network is to enhance collaboration within education and research in pharmaceutical sciences between the European universities, paying particular attention to the third-cycle education (master and Doctoral studies - Ph.D.) and to community research.
Another objective is to give staff and students of the member Institutions increased access to the combined resources of the involved institutions.
The collaboration is specifically expressed in the following activities:
- Biennial ULLA summer schools for PhD students
- Grants for MSc students to support exchange between ULLA member institutions
- Grants for PhD students to support exchange between ULLA member institutions
- Grants for staff exchanges between ULLA member institutions
- ULLA lectures and workshops
- ULLA textbooks: ULLA Series in Pharmaceutical Sciences
PhD students of the Course “Drugs, Biomolecules and Health Products” of University of Parma have the right to attend the ULLA summer school
The summer school 2017 took place in Leuven (Belgium) from 8-15 July.
The summer school 2019 will take place in Helsinki from 29 June to 6 July 2019.
MSc and PhD students can spend research periods in the Institutions of the network.
In July 2011 the eleventh edition of the ULLA Summer School was kept at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Parma. More than 160 PhD students from all the Institutions of the Consortium attended the School.
ULLA takes its name from the initials of the Universities, that in 1990 founded the consortium (University of Uppsala, London, Leiden and Amsterdam).
Nowadays the ULLA consortium consists of the following institutions:
- Uppsala University - Faculty of Pharmacy (Sweden)
- University College London - School of Pharmacy (United Kingdom)
- Leiden Academic Center for Drug Research and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- University of Copenhagen - Drug Research Academy (Denmark)
- University of Paris Sud - Faculty of Pharmacy (France)
- University of Parma - Department of Food and Drug (Italy)
- KU Leuven - Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences (Belgium)
- University of Helsinki - Faculty of Pharmacy (Finland)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Techology - Single cycle degree course 5 years
- Pharmacy - Single cycle degree course 5 years
- Food Science and Technology - Second Cycle Degree
- Food Safety and Food Risk Management - International Interuniversity Second Cycle Degree Course
- Food Sciences for Innovation and Authenticity - International Interuniversity Second Cycle Degree Course
- Food Science and Technology - First Cycle Degree
- Gastronomic Science - First Cycle Degree
- Project Idea
- Educational Guidance and Tutoring
- State examinations and course in preparation for the state examination
- Schools of Specialization, PH.D. and Master Degree courses
- Mobility and International Relations
- ULLA, European University Consortium for Pharmaceutical Sciences