Design and synthesis of bioactive compounds
- QSAR, molecular modeling and pharmacoinformatics.
- Design and synthesis of compounds modulating the kynurenine pathway and tryptophan degradation.
- Design and synthesis of compounds acting on lipid signaling, with focus on endocannabinoids and related substances.
- New methods in asymmetric synthesis and exploration of the reactivity of heterocyclic platforms for the preparation of bioactive compounds.
- Characterization of metabolic and chemical reactivity of bioactive compounds through bio-analytical methods.
- Design and synthesis of compounds interfering with the Eph-Ephrin system.
- Design and synthesis of bioactive compounds, interacting with enzymes, membrane or nuclear receptors or protein-protein interfaces.
- Development of general procedures for simulating and predicting the enzymatic reactions with xenobiotics.
Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Innovative pharmaceutical forms for drug delivery.
- Modified release of drugs, with focus on hydrophilic matrices and transdermal release systems.
- Nasal, pulmonary, ocular and transmucosal administration of drugs; non-invasive administration of peptides, proteins; micro and nanosytems for drug delivery and targeting.
- Solid state of drugs, particles, crystals, complexes and inclusion compounds.
- Pharmaceutical polymers; biopharmaceutical polymers for tissue engeneering and controlled release of growth and differentiation factors.
- Bioavailability of drugs and endogenous substances.
- Drugs for the elderly and for infants.
- Dermocosmesis and cosmeceuticals.
Biochemistry, biophysics e molecular biology
- Mechanisms of enzymatic catalysis: regulation, stability and characterization of interactions with ligands having pharmaceutical relevance.
- Expression and modification of proteins with pharmaceutical relevance, through site-specific mutagenesis and combinatorial approaches of protein engeneering.
- Study of biomolecules and supramolecular complexes by Atomic Force Microscopy and optical tweezers.
- Functional characterization of hemoglobins in solution, crystallized or encapsulated in silica gel; development of blood substitutes.
- Proteomic analysis of organs, biological fluids and foods, for the identification of biomarkers and biomolecular targets for drugs and for toxicological investigations.
- Stabilizing activity of natural polyphenols on the amyloidogenic protein, transthyretin.
- Molecular and functional characterization of new compounds for the development of non-viral vectors in gene therapy.
- Tissue kinetics of bioactive compounds with focus on thermodynamics of hydrophobic interactions.
Experimental pharmacology e toxicology
- Mechanism of action for endogenous mediators involved in central or peripheral control of gastrointestinal motility and secretion.
- Pharmacological modulation of hepatic metabolism for lipoproteins and unsaturated fatty acids; characterization of lipoprotein-receptor interactions.
- Discovery of specific ligands for pharmacologically relevant targets, through in-vivo and in-vitro investigations.
- Pharmacological study of the histaminic and muscarinic systems as targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Pharmacological study of the Eph-ephrin system and its possible implications in pharmacotherapy.
- Endothelial dysfunctions and vascular remodeling in hypertension, dyslipidemias, diabetes and obesity.
- Pharmacological modulation of acute and chronic inflammation by innovative agents: tolerability, molecular mechanisms and tests in holistic experimental models.
Pubblicato Wednesday, 12 February, 2014 - 09:44 | ultima modifica Wednesday, 12 February, 2014 - 09:44